We are pleased to announce two new courses starting soon. These have proven to be very useful for those living with Parkinson’s Disease.
The series of classes follows the effective Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery approach (PWR!Moves) developed by Dr. Becky Farley, a physical therapist, neuroscientist and Parkinson exercise specialist. These classes directly target foundational skills shown by research to become impaired in PD and that interfere with everyday mobility.
Taught by our own Neuro-Ability physiotherapists who are certified in PWR!Moves instruction, the course involves two parts:
- One individual, 1 hour session with the physiotherapist instructing the series. You will be assessed and receive personal instruction to the specific PWR!moves that will allow you to maximize results. This session will provide you with a personalized strategy to pursue during the group classes and at home.
- This is not required if you have participated in a Neuro-Ability Parkinson’s Class in the last 8 months.
- Eight group classes (1 hour each) taught by Naomi Casiro and Steph Graetz, both are Neuro-Ability physiotherapists who are certified to instruct PRW!Moves
There will be two series starting soon:
- Monday Series: March 27 to May 29th (8 classes).
- 5:45-6:45 pm
- Note: There will be no classes April 17th and May 22nd
- Taught by Naomi Casiro
- Tuesday Series: March 28 to May 16th (8 classes).
- 5:45-6:45 pm
- Taught by Steph Graetz