We are pleased to announce two courses starting soon that have proven to be very useful for those living with Parkinson’s Disease.
The series of classes follows the effective Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery approach (PWR!Moves) developed by Dr. Becky Farley, a physical therapist, neuroscientist and Parkinson exercise specialist. These classes directly target foundational skills shown by research to become impaired in PD and that interfere with everyday mobility.
Taught by our own Neuro-Ability physiotherapists who are certified in PWR!Moves instruction, the course involves two parts:
- One individual, 1 hour session with the physiotherapist instructing the series. You will be assessed and receive personal instruction to the specific PWR!moves that will allow you to maximize results. This session will provide you with a personalized strategy to pursue during the group classes and at home.
- This is not required if you have participated in a Neuro-Ability Parkinson’s Class in the last 8 months.
- Six to eight group classes (1 hour each) taught by Naomi Casiro, one of our Neuro-Ability physiotherapists who is certified to instruct PRW!Moves
There will be two winter series starting soon:
- Friday Series: January 8th to February 12th (6 classes).
- Wednesday Series: December 30th to February 24th (8 classes)
- 5:30-6:30 pm
- Note: There will be no class on February 17th.